Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

5 C
Cheshire
Thursday, April 3, 2025

Chester child rapist jailed for nine years

Harry Dobson, of Village Road, Waverton, has been jailed for nine years and six months for sex offences against underage girls.

The 19-year-old was handed the sentence at Chester Crown Court.

He had previously being found guilty of nine counts of sexual offences against children, including rape, sexual activity with a child, sexual assault, and inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.

Dobson was 18 when he committed the offences, which span from November 2022 – April 2023.

Underage victims

The first victim was just 15 years old when she was sexually assaulted by Dobson at the Mercure Hotel, Chester, on November 20, 2022. Dobson had pressured her into a sexual act. This was reported to police on November 29 after the victim disclosed what had happened to her teacher.

The second victim was a 14-year-old girl who was pressured into sexual activity with Dobson, despite him knowing her age, after they started speaking to each other on SnapChat.

Dobson used emotional blackmail to manipulate her into complying with his demands. On two occasions Dobson raped the victim. This was reported to police in May 2023 after occurring earlier in the year.

Dobson was charged and remanded in May 2023. He was found guilty following a two-week trial in October.

He must now sign onto the Sex Offender Register for life and is subject to an indefinite sexual harm prevention order. Dobson was also handed a restraining order in relation to both victims in the case.

One of the victims said: “I often have similar flashbacks in my dreams which disturb my sleep. I dream and remember snippets of what happened and find myself going back to the moment it happened.

“After what happened I found it difficult to start new relationships, and struggled to feel able to trust someone again.”

The second victim said: “I watched people like you on the TV and on movies and never saw what people were so afraid of and so drawn in by. I understand now. You will not take anything else from me.”

Evidence ‘difficult to listen to’

DC Beth Higginson said: “I welcome the sentence handed to Dobson, who emotionally blackmailed and manipulated young girls into complying with his requests to meet own sexual needs.

“He showed a complete disregard for those he abused and no remorse throughout the trial for his actions.

“I would like to mention the courage of the young girls who have been involved in this case. This has been an emotionally charged case which has had a significant impact on the victims and their families.

“At times the evidence has been difficult to listen to, however I have no doubt that the strength and bravery shown by all those involved will lead to the protection of many more young girls from the actions of Dobson.

“I would like to thank the prosecution team including Witness Care, CPS and KC Mark Connor, for supporting all those involved and their families throughout the duration of this case. This was a sensitive case and was presented with compassion by all those involved.

“I would also like to thank Judge Thompson for his ruling and highlighting the bravery of the young girls involved.

“If you believe you have been a victim of a sexual offence, you can call Cheshire Constabulary on 101. You will be taken seriously, and any allegation will be thoroughly investigated, while offering you help and support.”

Helen
Helen
I'm the editor here at Business Cheshire and I'd keen to hear what's happening where you live. With more than 18 years' experience in journalism and digital PR, I'm particularly keen to hear from businesses with exciting news.
spot_imgspot_img

Latest

ECB Intraday Liquidity Framework Offers Direction—But Practical Compliance Still a Major Challenge

The European Central Bank’s (ECB) newly established intraday liquidity...

£10,000 reward to identify mother of baby found in Kirkham brook

Crimestoppers is offering a reward of up to £10,000...

Cheshire charity wins prestigious national award

The Deaf and Sensory Network (DSN) has been hailed...

Batman star Val Kilmer dies, aged 65

Hollywood star Val Kilmer, best known for his roles...
spot_imgspot_img

Newsletter

Don't miss

A New Era in Conveyancing: Kaur Sutherland Pioneers Balanced Practice

In today’s high-pressure legal environment, conveyancing firms are being...

£10,000 reward to identify mother of baby found in Kirkham brook

Crimestoppers is offering a reward of up to £10,000...

Batman star Val Kilmer dies, aged 65

Hollywood star Val Kilmer, best known for his roles...

Your Help Hub Charts Ambitious 2025 Vision as UK Trades Seek Stability

Off the back of a breakthrough year and recent...

More News

Man jailed for drugs supply offences in Crewe

A man who was found with cocaine and more than £22,000 cash at his home address has been jailed for drugs supply offences in...

Fraudster sentenced after stealing almost £80,000 from employer

A man who stole almost £80,000 from his employer has been handed a two-year suspended prison sentence. David Kissack was also ordered to pay £19,000...

Jail for duo who burgled sick pensioner’s home

Two burglars have been jailed after targeting the unoccupied home of a sick pensioner. Krysztof Barwinski (63) of Warwick Avenue, Bewsey, and Szymon Antos (32)...